- HOME >
- Practice area
The practice areas of our clinic are as follows:
Psychosomatic Medicine / Psychiatry
Our clinic specializes in diagnosing and treating mental health conditions in the area of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychiatry. In addition to treating such conditions as depression and insomnia we also give advice on dementia, post-traumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia, or corporate mental health issues. You are welcome to talk to us at anytime.
- Depression can be caused by a combination of factors such as surrounding environment, daily life or attitude of mind but is greatly affected by stress in any case. Depression is called “KOKORO NO KAZE,” meaning “the common cold of the mind.” Because it is curable with appropriate treatment, we would like to recommend going to a mental health clinic at an early stage.
- Panic Disorder
- Panic disorder is a mental illness in which panic attacks appear abruptly without any reasons. The symptoms include a pounding heart, difficulty in breathing or dizziness. While spontaneous healing cannot be normally expected, a full recovery is possible with early treatment.
- Insomnia (Sleep Disorder)
- Insomnia does not refer to the length of sleep but rather to the lassitude and the drowsiness people feel when they wake up - a condition which interferes with our daily lives. It is not a big problem if the symptoms are temporary or continue for a short time. However, if the loss of sleep has been protracted and results in the condition of "Insomnia," we would recommend consulting with a medical specialist.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD）
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is a disease caused by anxiety and is also called anxiety neurosis. Unlike depression and other mental conditions, GAD produces no specific symptoms. Many factors are involved in GAD and we estimate that the number of potential patients with GAD is high and that most of them cannot visit a doctor because they do not show any specific symptoms of the disease.
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) is a disease that causes people to have excessive worries about what others think of them, and a high degree of anxiety and tension. In addition, other symptoms such as flushing, diaphoresis, shivering and stomachache may be experienced. We will provide medication to regulate brain functions as well as offer psychotherapy.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder is a disease which reveals itself when people cannot well adapt to their social environment and experience various symptoms in body and mind that cause problems in their social lives. In most treatments we will prescribe medicines and may also recommend, in some cases, that our patients take a rest for 1 to 3 months.